< Back to Faculty
Prof Maria Valeria Catani
Tel: + 39 06 7259 6465
Bldg F Nord, I floor – room F174
Faculty of Medicine and Surgery
Department of Experimental Medicine
University of Rome “Tor Vergata”
Via Montpellier 1 – 00133 Rome | Italy
ORCID | Scopus
Short biographical sketch of Prof Maria Valeria Catani
Professor Maria Valeria Catani is Associate Professor of Biochemistry at the Department of Experimental Medicine, University of Rome “Tor Vergata,” since 2007. She has been a research fellow from 2001 to 2006 and an I.D.I. Research Assistant from 1999 to 2000. She received a Doctoral degree in Biology in 1989 at the University of Rome “La Sapienza,” a PhD degree in Biology and Physiopathology of Epithelia in 1995 at the University of Rome “Tor Vergata” and the Specialization degree in Microbiology and Virology in 1998 at the University of Rome “La Sapienza.” In 1992 she spent three months at the Skin Biology Branch, NIAMS, National Institute of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA, working on keratinocyte differentiation.
Her interests embrace the following lines of research:
– modulation of specific microRNAs delivered by platelets microvesicles in breast cancer cells and their role in tumor progression.
– role of antioxidant nutrients in oncology.
– role of bioactive lipids in megakaryocytic differentiation and platelet biogenesis and activation.
– role of bioactive lipids in intercellular communication (blood, endothelial and tumor cells) with implications in cardiovascular and oncological diseases.
– role of reactive oxygen/nitrogen species, antioxidant nutrients and redox-sensitive transcription factors in cell differentiation and death in several experimental models (muscle cells, keratinocytes, cancer cells).
See a full CV of Prof Maria Valeria Catani.
< Back to Faculty